Weezy da Boss

7:00 AM

Damn! I called my lifeline this morning for some advice, only to get the equivalent of a dead buzz on the other end of the line. Well, I might as well have, for all the brief moment that he took to dismiss me.

My best friend, my confidant, my rock!...crumbled to man pieces over domestic baby mama drama issues! And, this is why the "no kid zone" flag flies permanently perched atop my fabulously bejeweled tiara.

I had to do everything to refrain from blurting out "What about meeee?" in the middle of his rehashing the crisis of the moment. So, instead, I politely empathized, and mentally ran from that situation.  Not that he gave me much choice. Anything having to do with the police, and unstable exes - I'm out!

So, yeah...what about me? What about f*#king MEEEE?!? (Hmmm...good question!) No, it's not a proposition. It's a panic inducing inquiry... what the f*#k about ME?!?!?

Another great reason to vote for single-dom. I'm definitely better off all alone in this world, rather than having to deal with such issues. Prison is WAY less scary in comparison.

So, why was I calling in the first place? Because I'm panicking now that the time is winding down for me to leave here. And, because I'm human, I'm a woman, and I'm all alone in this world without a man to support me, to encourage me, to remind me of how great I am, and to tell me that everything will be okay. You know, someone to stroke my hair and say "Now, now...you're gonna be okay. I'll make sure of it."

And then the light bulb moment strikes again! Of course! I'm gonna be okay. Why? Because when haven't I been? I've always been way more than just okay.  I'm a hustler chick, a go getter chick, a bow down (to) and don't F*#k with my stacks kinda chick...I'm Weezy da Boss!!!


The good thing about having a best friend like this, is that he is a successful go getter himself. And he's smarter than me. Two great attributes to look for in a rock to lean on when you feel that you just can't go on.

The better thing is to realize that while you might get tired, confused, and disoriented on the journey, the rock is only a temporary resting stop, but you must depend on your own strength and perseverance to move along the path to success.

I forgive my friend for not having taken my immediate needs into consideration this morning.  I know that next week, next month, or next year when I decide to call again, he will be there for me as (almost) always.  At least he wasn't with a patient when I called. Now, THAT would have pissed me off if he didn't step out to take my call. If my cardiologist friend does it in the middle of surgery, surely he can leave his pain managing for a brief instant to attend to MY needs.  I mean, how difficult is it to tell the patient, "Here, take this pill for the pain, and call me in the morning?" Men! I swear!

Well, because I AM the boss of me, I have to figure sh*t out on my own as always. Or, maybe I'll wait for another day to try again, and let HIM figure it all out for me (as always)!

I was really just wanting him to figure out for me whether I want to live at or near the beach, in a historic apartment building, or in a modern high rise. Do I want to be a music industry impresario, or a movie mogul? Should I go blonde, or rock the sultry Latina look? Benz or Bentley? (Meaning, which one is he going to buy for me this time?) Boobs, Botox, or both? Single or married?

Aaarrgghhh!!!! So many decisions to make!!! Weeezzzyyyyy....where are you?!?!?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images